Estonian type flat shape minced meat Kotlet, is served as main dish.
Estonian Meat Balls. Kotlet.
In some reason we have three different foods: meat balls, served usually in sauce. Small meat balls: frikadellid, we are using in soup. And ” kotlet”- what is flat shape minced meat “ball”. Kotlet is served as main dish with potato and sauce and salad.
- 600 g minced meat, best is 50% pork and 50% beef
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 choped onion
- 1 egg
- 100 ml cold water
- 100 ml grated bread or slice of bread
- salt, pepper
– for coating grated black bread
- Preheat oven
- In a medium bowl, pour cold water over bread
- chop garlic and onion
- Add to swollen bread onion, meat, egg
- Mix carefully and season with salt, pepper
- Form spoon size flat loafs
- Dip the Kotlet into the coating (grated black bread) all sides
- Bake in oven in to baking paper lined plate ca 20 min 200 C