Stuffed Cabbage Rolls are dish what is known, I believe, in everywhere. But every nation has his own recipe, something different, which give for this dish special touch and make it different,
Cabbage rolls are everyday dish in Estonia. Ok, it takes some time for preparation, so we probably make them for weekend dinner.
In my recipe Cabbage leaves stuffed with minced meat. But you can stuff them using only vegetables,
It’s also one of those dishes that combines everything in one: your proteins and some vegetable, Obviously you still want a few side dishes , it’s perfect with potatoes or rice or some buckwheat
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- For one eater count 2-3 rolls. So, you need ca 10 cabbage leaves. –400 g minced meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 500 g sour cream
- salt, pepper, thyme
- Cut of the cabbage root and Remove very carefully cabbage leaves. Boil them in salted water for 10 minutes
- Mix meat, sliced onion, grated carrot and season
- Place 1 tablespoon of this mixture on each cabbage leaf & fold “envelope” fashion. If the leaf is tough, it will be easier to do this if you make a V-shaped incision & remove a part of the coarser spine.
- Put rolls in to oven casserole and pour over sour cream
- Bake at 180 C for 45 minutes
Soundtrack Mick Pedaja “Seis”