In Estonia is summer. And May and June are months of Rhubarb. Let me remind to you best cakes. In all recpies you can replace rhubarb and use for example apples or other berries or fruits.
Estonian Quark and Rhubarb Pie. Pidusai by Terhi
In Estonia we call this type cakes and pies “Pidusai”- means “party bread”. This is festive and beautiful and everyone get one own piece.
Soft and Delicious Grandmothers Apple or Rhubarb Pie
This cake is classic. Old School cake. Soft and tender
Soft and Crispy Chocolate and Rhubarb Cake. Šokolaadi- rabarberikook
Amazing combination of sweet and fluffy biscuit and crispy bottom.
Soft and Crispy Quark and Rhubarb Cake. Kohupiima- rabarberikook
This is soft and Crispy Quark Cake is a great combination of tart apples/rhubarb and sweet and light quark.
Soft and Mellow Rhubarb Cake. Biskviitkattega rabarberikook
This is one of my favourite cake. I love mellow biscuit and soft bottom. I love a combination of tart rhubarb or apples and sweet dough.
One of my favourite cake. For better result use free range yellow eggs.
Rolled Cake. Rullbikviit
A light and delicious cake
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoon flour
- ca 300 g jam
- Whip eggs in mixer with sugar ca 10 minute, while you get bright and light egg foam
- preheat oven to 180 C
- Sift flour in to egg mix and stir carefully
- Pour dough in to baking paper lined oven tray
- Bake ca 10 minute 180 C. While biscuit is baking, prepare
- Put on the table “baking tray sized” baking paper and sprinkle with the sugar
- Take biscuit from oven and turn it back, biscuit side next to the sugar.
- Remove carefully baking paper from biscuit and spread quickly with jam
- Roll cake and serve.
Soundtrack Äpu Näärilaul