This is soft and Crispy Quark Cake is a great combination of tart apples/rhubarb and sweet and light quark.
The crunchy base and topping give the pie structure and character.
Quark and Rhubarb Cake
A light, soft and crispy quark and rhubarb cake
- 100 g butter
- 100 ml of oil
- 250 ml of cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 60 g sugar
- 50 g yeast
- 550 g flour
- 1 kg quark. Look how to make quark
- 180 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 dl peeled and sliced rhubarb
- 80 g flour
- 50 g sugar
- 70 g cold butter
- For the preparation of the dough, all materials must be at room temperature. In a medium bowl, toss together lukewarm water and yeast. Dissolve yeast.
- Mix together flour and salt, sugar, add lukewarm oil and butter and mix everything
- leave in a warm place to rise at least for 0,5 hour
- Prepare to fill: mix together beaten eggs and quark. Slice rhubarb into slices
- prepare crumb: Chop and mix cold butter with flour and sugar.
- share dough into 2/3 and 1/3 pieces. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread bigger part on it.
- Pour filling on to the dough and sprinkle with rhubarb. Cover cake with remaining dough, and sprinkle over with crumb.
- Bake at 180 C for 40-50 minutes.