Beetroot is delicious. And healthy. While beetroot is sweet I prefer to serve it with pickled cucumber or cheese to complement sweetness with sour and salty.
Caraway seeds is something Estonian. This is obvious that beetroot and caraway seeds goes together.
Add semolina to achieve best conistent and thickness. In case beetroot is very juicy you need this maybe more.
A light vegetable fritters for a dinner.
- 400 g boiled, peeled and grated beetroot
- 0,5 dl – 1 dl semolina
- 2 eggs
- 25 g soft butter
- salt, pepper, caraway seeds, fresh chopped parsley
- In a medium bowl, toss together beet, eggs, soft butter and semolina. Season. Let set
- Pinch off a piece of the mixture and gently roll between your wet hands to form balls.
- Dip the balls in the breadcrumbs, and shape fritters.
- Fry the fritters for about 2-3 minutes on both sides until a deep golden brown. or place on the greased or baking paper lined oven plate and bake at 200 C for 15 minutes on one and then 15 minutes on other side.