I do not know why I decided this time to use a round shape cake tin. Usually, this cake is baked on a baking tray.
This is one of my favourite cake. I love mellow biscuit and soft bottom. I love a combination of tart rhubarb or apples and sweet dough.
This is childhood 🙂
Soft and Mellow Rhubarb Cake
A light, soft cake
- 100 g soft butter
- 4 tbl spoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 200 g flour
- 0,5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbls sour cream
- 1/4 teasp salt
- 2 dl sliced rhubarb or apples
- 1 tbls sugar – cinnamon powder
- 3 egg
- 3 tbls sugar
- 3 tbls flour
- I suggest using the mixer. Whip soft butter with sugar, add eggs one by one. Sift flour baking powder and salt together, and add to the dough gradually while stirring. Add sour cream
- Pour dough into a baking paper covered baking tray, Sprinkle over with sliced rhubarb or apples, sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake add 200 C for 20 minutes. While cake is baking, make biscuit
- Mix eggs and sugar into a strong foam. Stop whipping and sift flour very carefully stirring.
- Pour biscuit on to a bottom and bake the other 10 minutes at 180 C, until cake is ready, for 8-10 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
I appreciate you so much!
Join Fiesta Friday #223 by adding your link. Don’t forget to link your post to FiestaFriday.net and the co-hosts’ blogs, so we can feature you. Your solo cohost this week is Mollie @ The Frugal Hausfrau.