This is the best Beet Salad.
Layered Salad from beet and herring needs transparent bowl for serving. “Kasukas” mean in estonian “fur coat”, and name probably came from meaning that fur coat, covers you as layer .
Layered Salad. Kasukas.
Layered Salad from beet and herring.
- ca 100 g marinated or salted herring
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 big marinated or salted cucumber
- 2 boiled potatoes. Peel after boiling. Chop in to cubes
- 1 boiled egg
- 100 g boiled, grated beet
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise season with marinated cucumber liquid, salt, pepper, mustard.
For dressing – 1 tablespoon sour cream
Dressing must be fluid. Do not look at my picture, this is made specially for photo thicker. Dressing must be flow.
- Bottom layer is herring
- add chopped onion and cucumber.
- add some dressing
- next layer is potato
- and then beet
- Pour over with dressing and add egg
- Let salad before serving stay for seasoning.
[gallery ids="1229,1230,1231" type="rectangular"]
Soundtrack Laura “Lihtsad asjad”