Estonian type Meat Rolls are made usually from pork. But of course you can use beef, as well.
- 4 slices of pork sirloin (ca 400-500 g )
- ham or bacon
- marinated cucumber
- salt, pepper, thyme, mustard oil for cooking
- Hammer meat slices thin
- Season meat with salt and pepper; spread thinly with mustard.
- Cut vegetables and ham in to fine stripes
- sprinkle meat slices evenly with bacon, carrot and pickle. Roll up slices
- Preheat oven
- Heat oil in to pan
- Put rolls in to hot oil, as edge in below, in oil.
- fry until well browned, turning occasionally.
- Put rolls in to oven form and add ca 100 ml hot water NB! Not to boil, but stew.
- Bake 180 C (convection) ca 15 minutes.
- Serve with sauce, smashed potato and cowberry- apple sauce.
Soundtrack Ivo Linna “Langevate lehtede aegu”
2 thoughts on “Meat Rolls”
First time here, but now I’ll be definitely coming back! Great job!