Simple and delicious cake for people, who do not want or like very sweet cakes.
The bitterness of the chocolate, sweet and sour berries creating a wonderful combination.
Quark makes this cake lighter and healthier
And make quark by yourself. Trust me: It is much simpler to make than you might think. I won’t tell if you don’t 😉
Look at for recipe.
Simple Bitter Sweet Black Currant Cake. Mustsõstrakook
A fresh, light summer cake with berries and quark
- Shortcrust pastry:
- 150 g flour
- 1 dl sugar
- 100 g cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoon cacao
- 125 g condensed milk
- 400 g quark
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl sugar
- 2 tablespoon flour
- ca 300 g berries. Black or Red currants, blueberries, bilberries or some other tart berries. Using frozen berries, mix before using with starch
- Sift the flour and cacao and sugar together into a large bowl, add the cold, sliced butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Take 2/3 of pastry. Place in a 20 cm pie plate and crimp edge. Use the form with high edges. Wrap in cling film and chill prepared pie plate and remaining dough while preparing the filling. 3.Whip eggs and sugar into a light foam. Add quark and condensed milk and flour. Mix very well.
- Pour filling into a bottom. Add berries.
- Chop remaining pastry and sprinkle over filling as an upper layer.
- Bake at 180 C for 30-40 minutes