A fresh, light, Estonian-inspired salad perfect for a dinner. Perfect to use boiled barley groats leftovers.
This is the explosion of flavours and textures. Crispy cucumbers, sour cranberries and mushrooms, soft egg, sweet turnip and groats, which are tieing everything into one whole
As every salad, combine ingredients as you like. This is one possible combination. You can replace mushrooms and add ham or other meat.
Barley groats and Turnip Salad. Odratangusalat kaalikaga
A fresh, light, Estonian-inspired salad perfect for a dinner.
- 1 dl barley groats
- 3 pickled/ salted cucumbers
- 1 (red) onion
- 1 boiled turnip
- ca 100 g salted or marinated mushroom
- 3 boiled eggs
- 150 g sour cream
- 150 g mayonnaise
- salt, sugar, horseradish
- Prepare and boil barley groats and turnip until soft. Let them cool.
- Boil eggs.
- Cut all ingredients into cubes and mix together.
- For salad, sauce mix together sour cream and mayonnaise, season with horseradish ( and salt or sugar)