Have you noticed that dishes made from leftovers are always very tasteful?! 🙂 Like pizza or seljanka.
Or in Estonia ” Komeet” candies and cakes ” Rum Balls”.
Rum Balls cakes are made from leftovers. All the cake edges that are left in the confectionery or bakery, will be mixed together. And the result is very delicious sweets. At home you probably have not to cake leftovers 🙂 This old-fashioned dessert is a delicious way to use up that leftover stale cake!
So use biscuits or sponge cake.
To make this cake more Estonian I replaced rum essence to liqueur Vana Tallinn/Old Tallinn. And the result is even better 🙂
Vana Tallinn/ Old Tallinn cakes
A retro sweets with Estonian twist
- 400 g cookies, biscuits or cake edges, leftovers
- 75 g butter
- 2 tablespoon cacao ( without sugar)
- 200 g sour cream or condensed milk without sugar
- 2 tablespoon Old Tallinn/ Vana Tallinn liqueur
- Melt butter. Crush and puddle cakes/cookies in. Mix together
- Add cacao and liqueur. Add as much sour cream that the mixture is rollable.
- Form small balls. decorate with whipped cream, coconut flakes or crushed nuts.
One thought on “Vana Tallinn/ Old Tallinn cakes”