As I know this cake is originally from Sweden, but because of taste and simplicity is very popular in Estonia
NB! this is quite a small cake.
So, try this first time and believe me, next time you have to double all quantities 🙂
Crispy and Juicy Brita Cake. Brita kook
- 3 big egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 dl sugar
- 150 g butter
- 2,5 dl flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 big egg whites
- 1 dl almond slices
- 1,5 dl sugar
- 2,5 dl whipped cream
- 200 g berries
- 0,5 dl sugar
- Melt butter
- separate egg yolks and whites.
- Beat egg yolks and one egg with sugar into a light foam, Add sifted baking powder and flour and melted butter gradually while stirring.
- Spread dough into a greased pan
- For meringue beat egg whites into a firm foam. Start with low-speed, add speed and gradually sugar while beating.
- Pour egg whites mixture into a bottom.
- Sprinkle meringue with almond slices
- Bake at 175 C on the bottom shelf for 20 minutes. The upper layer must be crispy. If needed, bake some more time.
- Let cool completely. Cut the cooled cake in half.
- Whip the cream, sugar and add berries.
- Spread the cream onto the cake and cover with the second half of the cake.
Did you make this recipe?
I appreciate you so much!