My Grandmother called Semolina Mousse as ” Wind Porridge”. Because it is “fills” but does not feed:)
What name to use, it depends on juice.
White Mousse is ” Mannavaht”. And Pink Mousse is ” Roosamanna”, what means ” Pink Mousse”.
Semolina Mousse. Mannavaht. Roosamanna.
A fresh, light dessert
– Mix total 1,5 litre little bit too strong drink
natural Apple juice for Mannavaht or
from Red currant or Cranberries juice for Roosamanna
add water and sugar
– 1,5 dl semolina
- Mix the water juice and sugar and Bring it to the boil.
- if Juice is boiling decrease heat
- Stirring constantly pour semolina in to the boiling juice
- Let simmer on a low heat and stir constantly , while semolina is ready (semolina is not white but transparent), it takes ca 2 minutes.
- Remove yhe pot from the heat and let cool
- Mix, and blend until Mousse is light and bright and fluffy
- Serve cooled mousse with cold milk