As I know this cake is origin from Sweden, but because of taste and simplicity is very popular in Estonia
NB! this is quite small cake.
So, try this first time and believe me, next time you have to double all quantities 🙂
Crispy and Juicy Brita Cake. Brita kook
- 3 big egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 dl sugar
- 150 g butter
- 2,5 dl flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 big egg whites
- 1 dl almond slices
- 1,5 dl sugar
- 2,5 dl whipped cream
- 200 g berries
- 0,5 dl sugar
- Melt butter
- separate egg yolks and whites.
- Beat egg yolks and one egg with sugar into a light foam, Add sifted baking powder and flour and melted butter gradually while stirring.
- Spread dough into a greased pan
- For merengue beat egg whites into a firm foam. Start with low-speed, add speed and gradually sugar while beating.
- Pour egg whites mixture into a bottom.
- Sprinkle merengue with almond slices
- Bake at 175 C on the bottom shelf for 20 minutes. Upper layer must be crispy. If needed, bake some more time.
- Let cool completely. Cut the cooled cake in half.
- Whip the cream, sugar and add berries.
- Spread the cream onto the cake and cover with the second half of the cake.