I have a good relationship with vegetables. I love growing plants and I love to eat them. But the reason I prefer vegetables is taste. I love the taste of tomatoes or potatoes and this is the reason to enjoy them.
What I can not understand is ” like” food. Why should carrot taste ” like meat” or zucchini ” like fish” or cauliflower as ” real bread”. Why?
I love the simplicity. And the pure taste.
If you have an electric grater, this is the simplest dinner to make. Because of all vegetables are white, you can add some pumpkin, beetroot or carrot to add some colour.
Parsnip and Potatoes Rösti
A light and crispy vegetable dinner
- ca 250 g parsnip
- 3 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 egg (not necessary, while potatoes have enough starch. But egg gives more elasticity)
- salt, pepper… and oil for frying
Parsnip and Potatoes Rösti http://www.estoniancuisine.com
- Grate finely parsnip. Grate finely potatoes and put into the sieve to seep, smash potatoes mass as dry you can
- Chop onion into the fine stripes
- Mix together all vegetables. Add egg
- Season very opulently
- Make small balls and leave them on to the kitchen paper to seep
- Press from balls thin discs and fry into the hot oil from both sides