Which and who is the right Mom?
In Estonia Mother’s Day (emadepäev in Estonian) is celebrated on the second Sunday of May.
The Mother of the Year is award given annually by the Estonian Womens Union, already more than 25 years.
This year suddenly rose up question. Does nominee of this award, the Mother of the Year, must be officially married.
Because nowadays, in the 21st of century there are a lot of single mothers, divorced mothers, gay mothers…..
I do not know right answer. I know that for each child his mother is the best mother.
So, concradulations for all mothers! Happy Mothers Day!
In Estonia we call this type cakes and pies “Pidusai”- means “party bread”. This is festive and beautiful and everyone get one own piece.
Quark and Rhubarb Pie
A delicous rhubarb sour and sweet pie
- 1 dl milk
- 10 g yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small egg
- 25 g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 dl flour
- 200 g sweet quark
- 1 glass of sliced rhubarb
- sugar, cinnamon
- All materials must be in room temperature
- Dissolve yeast with lukewarm (37C) milk and sugar
- Add about half of the quantity of flour, mixed with salt
- Beat the mixture for a short time. Sprinkle with a little flour , cover the bowl with a towel and place in a warm place to rise for ca 1 hour
- Add additional flour, cardamom
- add melted butter. Beat egg and leave ca 1 teaspoon for spreading.Add other beaten egg in to the dough
- Knead the dough properly, until it separates from the bowl.
- Sprinkle with a little flour , cover the bowl with a towel and place in a warm place to rise for ca 1 hour until dough is doubled in size.
- Roll the dough to a square and put in centre quark. Turn edges on to the quark and roll again carefully to a rectangle. Pour on to the rectangle rhubarb, sugar and cinnamon. leave one edge ca 2 cm empty. Roll and cut in to the equal slices. You should get ca 6-7 rolls. Empty edge turn under the roll as bottom.
- Coat buns with beaten egg before putting into the oven. Bate at 180C 20-30 minutes . Decorate with icing sugar.
Put roll in to the butter-spreaded springform pan, as flower. one roll in to the centre and others around. Let enough space to rise.
Look at for more Cake Recipes