Estonians like semolina-based mousse. Look at my blog! Semolina Mousse, Rye Mousse, Barley Mousse. Served with cold milk this is a wonderful and delicious dessert.
This dessert is special because of pumpkin and buckthorn. Pumpkin and buckthorn are forming a perfect combination of sour and sweet and… Look at these colours!
The mousse is soft and airy and fluffy like a cloud!
Pumpkin and Buckthorn Mousse. Kõrvitsa- astelpajuvaht
A fresh, light and colourful dessert
- 200 g pumpkin
- 4 dl water
- 0,75 dl buckthorn berries
- 0,5 dl sugar
- 3 dl semolina ( or barley flour)
- peel the pumpkin and cut into cubes. Put pumpkin cubes into water and cook until it is semi-soft ( ca 15 minutes). add buckthorn berries and cook until all berries are soft ( ca 5 minutes).
- Puree using a blender.
- Add sugar and bring to the boil. Add semolina slowly to the boiling mixture. Stir constantly.
- remove the pot from the heat and let cool. Blend until fluffy.
- Serve with cold milk.