In Estonia is very popular a simple and very sweet Anniversary Quark cake. Anniversary because of for preparing this cake you need special ready-to-make cake powder “Juubeli”/anniversary.
All this combination is ultra sweet. But I believe, that reason for the popularity is simplicity. You should alternately put layers of quark cream and cake powder. and that is it!
It took from me time to figure out how to share this recipe with you. I believe you have not the same cake powder in your country 😉
I did different tests and now _I believe; I got the result, good and very similar to the origin. Ok, My recipe is not very sweet But you welcome to add as much sugar you like 😉
NB! Estonians usually add some apple or rhubarb slices as one middle layer or mixed in quark cream. Adding some fruits you get more moisture and delicious cake.
Simple Anniversary Quark cake. Juubeli kohupiimakook
A popular simple and very sweet Anniversary Quark cake
- 200 g quark. Read how to make quark by yourself
- sugar, cinnamon or lemon
- 2 eggs
- 50 g sour cream
- 2 tablespoon liqueur Vana Tallinn/Old Tallinn
- rhubarb or apple slices
- 6 tablespoon flour
- 6 tablespoon cream/milk powder
- cold butter
- NB! Cream/milk powder is very sweet, so test it before you season quark mixture. Beat eggs and sugar together into a foam.
- Add quark, cream. And season with lemon or cinnamon and liqueur.
- Mix together flour and cream powder
- Pour 4 tablespoon flour mixture into a greased pan. Place half of the quark mixture on top. (place fruit or berries on top)
- Pour 4 tablespoon flour mixture as a third layer and place remaining quark on top. Finish cake with flour mixture as a final layer. Cut butter into cubes and place on top.
- Bake at 180 C for 30-40 minutes.
2 thoughts on “Simple Anniversary Quark cake. Juubeli kohupiimakook”
Sounds and looks absolutely delicious, reminds me of a cake my grandma used to make..
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 🙂