Simple and Delicious Sour Milk and Semolina Cake. This one of the cakes that makes your fantasy work.
You can bake it as simple version or add lot of different ingredients and additives and get every day new cake.
Why not to add some berries. Or nuts. Or during wintertime little bit candied fruit and ginger and cinnamon. …
This cake would like to have the accompany a sauce or jelly or kissell.
Or just some fresh strawberries 🙂
Simple and Delicious Sour Milk and Semolina Cake
A simple and delicious cake
- 1 cup of semolina
- 125 ml sour milk (or kefir or buttermilk or yoghurt )
- 1 egg
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g butter
- lemon juice and zest
- 40 g raisins or other dried/fresh fruits. I used dried apples
- 0,5 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon flour
- for greasing pan some butter and bread crumbs
- Mix together the semolina and sour milk and leave to swell for 30-40 minutes
- Melt the butter. Prepare raisins or other fruits
- beat egg and sugar together, add semolina mixture and soft butter and fruits. Mix together flour and baking powder and add the ingredients to the mixture gradually while stirring
- Season with lemon juice and grated zest.
- Pour into greased and bread crumbs covered pan.
- Bake at 175 C convection (medium heat) for 40-45 minutes.