This is a wonderful combination. Apple gives acid, celery bitterness and parsnip is sweet. All ingredients complement each other. And look at this light colour!
Change products combination and shares depending on your taste. If you like more sweet, add more parsnip and if you like more acid, use more apples.
Apple, Celery and Parsnip Soup. Õuna selleri ja pastinaagisupp
A light vegetable soup
- 2 apples
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 parsnip ( 250 g)
- 150 g celery
- 150 g cream
- salt, pepper, thyme, nutmeg
for serving pumpkin seeds (and bacon)
- Peel and clean apples. Cut all the vegetables into similar size cubes.
- Turn in the kettle
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat until the butter melts
- Add parsnip, celery and garlic, cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add boiling water
- When celery is half ready, add apples
- Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer and cook until very tender, about 8 minutes.
- Pour water into another bowl
- blend the soup until smooth. Add some cream
- Season and add vegetable stock to achieve wished liquidity