Meadow-sweet is just amazing. It is healthy, taste and flavour are wonderful. Smell it! The smell drives your crazy, This is a smell of summer and freedom and childhood summer holidays with grandmother.
And what is most important: it is for free. A small walk in the meadows is just for the bonus.
Meadowsweet by yourself is sweet and tastes like almond. Currants give more deepness, flavour and tartness. You can use other sour berries like rhubarb or strawberries. And get a maybe more interesting result.
And look at this colour!! 🙂
Where to use? Taste the drinks. During wintertime, it helps to cure fever and cold. Use for flavouring salads, marinades and sauces.
Meadowsweet Syrup with red Currants
A healthy, delicious and beautiful meadowsweet syrup
Total 3 litre
- 2 l water
- 2 kg of sugar
- 50 meadowsweet blossoms
- 1 kg red currants, rhubarb, raspberries or strawberries
- Bring to boil sugar and water and let boil few minutes
- Blend berries while smooth and add into the syrup. Boil few minutes, remove the foam.
- Add flowers and leave at room temperature to set for 24 hour
- Next 2 days keep the mixture in the refrigerator
- In 3rd day bring to boil, pour the mixture into the sieve to remove berries and flowers. Pour clear syrup into the very clean jars. close air thigh and keep in cold place.
recipe: Ülle Jukk