Great dish for ” Meatless Mondays” 🙂 A light vegetable fritters for a dinner. Consist of two very important Estonian ingredients: potatoes and quark. Wonderful Carbohydrates and protein combination 🙂
Very easy to make and the flavour is just delicious.
Did you know ?
Estonians, like Mexicans, put sour cream (a version of crème fraîche that contains less fat) on almost everything. And anyone who’s had Mexican food knows it’s not as disgusting as it sounds – it’s actually quite delicious.
Quark and Potato Fritters
A light vegetable fritters for a dinner.
- 400 g quark. look for a recipe, how to do quark.
- 6 potatoes. Boiled, cooled, grated
- 3 eggs
- 2 dl flour ( or less)
- salt, pepper, caraway seeds, freshly chopped parsley
- In a medium bowl, toss together quark, grated potatoes, eggs and flour. Season. Let set
- Pinch off a piece of the mixture and gently roll between your hands to form balls.
- Dip the balls in the breadcrumbs, and shape fritters.
- Fry the fritters for about 2-3 minutes on both sides until a deep golden brown. or place on the greased or baking paper lined oven plate and bake at 200 C for 15 minutes on one and then 15 minutes on another side.