This recipe is suitable for all people who do not like or have not time or skills to use and prepare yeast dough. Very easy to prepare.
I used turnip and horseradish filling. But you free to change it, of course. I would suggest for example carrot filling. Find recipe from my blog.
Yeast Free Kefir Hand Pies with Turnip and Horseradish by Olga. Olga pärmivabad kaalika ja mädarõikapirukad.
A fresh and light warm yeast free buns with spicy and juicy filling.
- 250 g kefir or other fermented/sour milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 g sugar
- 400 g flour
- 2/3 teaspoon soda
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 potato
- 1 medium turnip
- salt, pepper and black garlic
- 1 egg for coating
- Heat the fermented milk . NB! do not let in boil!!!
- Add sugar, salt and oil. Stir constantly.
- Add flour slowly, stir constantly.
- Share soda in to the three equal portions.
- Use flour and roll the dough into 1 cm thin sheet
- Sprinkle dough with 1/3 of soda
- Fold1/3 of the dough back and then turn back remaining part
- Cower the dough with a towel and to rise and set for 40 minutes.
- Prepare filling. Cut potato and turnip into small cubes and boil in water until soft.
- When vegetables are tender remove the pot from the heat and strain. Mash vegetables by hand with potato masher. And season generously with horseradish, salt, pepper and black garlic.
- Form small pies. Unroll pie dough on floured work surface. With glass ( I use for cutting usual glass) or round cutter, cut rounds from dough. Spoon 1-2 teaspoons mixture on half of each dough round. Fold untopped half of round over filling; press edges to seal. Place on the greased or baking paper covered oven plate. Coat buns with the beaten egg before putting into the oven
- Bake at 200C for 10- 15 minutes.
8. Now repeat everything two more times: roll the dough into 1 cm thin sheet. Sprinkle dough with 1/3 of soda. Fold the dough
[gallery ids="12201,12202" type="rectangular"]