I found this recipe from blog of Olga. It sounded and seemed so interesting and I decided to try this and share with you. Please visit Olga blog, you can find more very interesting recipes.
This recipe is suitable for all people who do not like or have not time or skills to use and prepare yeast dough. Very easy to prepare.
I used turnip and horseradish filling. But you free to change it, of course. I would suggest for example carrot filling. Find recipe from my blog.
Yeast Free Kefir Hand Pies with Turnip and Horseradish by Olga. Olga pärmivabad kaalika ja mädarõikapirukad.
A fresh and light warm yeast free buns with spicy and juicy filling.
- 250 g kefir or other fermented/sour milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 g sugar
- 400 g flour
- 2/3 teaspoon soda
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 potato
- 1 medium turnip
- salt, pepper and black garlic
- 1 egg for coating
- Heat the fermented milk . NB! do not let in boil!!!
- Add sugar, salt and oil. Stir constantly.
- Add flour slowly, stir constantly.
- Share soda in to the three equal portions.
- Use flour and roll the dough into 1 cm thin sheet
- Sprinkle dough with 1/3 of soda
- Fold1/3 of the dough back and then turn back remaining part
- Cower the dough with a towel and to rise and set for 40 minutes.
- Prepare filling. Cut potato and turnip into small cubes and boil in water until soft.
- When vegetables are tender remove the pot from the heat and strain. Mash vegetables by hand with potato masher. And season generously with horseradish, salt, pepper and black garlic.
- Form small pies. Unroll pie dough on floured work surface. With glass ( I use for cutting usual glass) or round cutter, cut rounds from dough. Spoon 1-2 teaspoons mixture on half of each dough round. Fold untopped half of round over filling; press edges to seal. Place on the greased or baking paper covered oven plate. Coat buns with the beaten egg before putting into the oven
- Bake at 200C for 10- 15 minutes.
8. Now repeat everything two more times: roll the dough into 1 cm thin sheet. Sprinkle dough with 1/3 of soda. Fold the dough
[gallery ids="12201,12202" type="rectangular"]