This recipe I found on my mother-in law recipe book. I do not know Anne, She was probably friend of my mother in law.
But I can tell you, Anne can bake. And definitely Anne was lady from era, when butter, sugar and flour were allowed…:)
Most complicated part is to form pretzels.
And to be true. Pretzels look like funny and fancy. But you can just use teaspoon and make simple cookies 🙂
I drink tea without sugar and for me this was perfect combination. Little bit bitter tea and sweet cookies.
Tea Pretzels by Anne. Anne Teekringlid
A fresh, light retro cookies for the tea party
- 100 g butter
- 0,5 glass of sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 dl flour
- 0,5 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- Beat soft butter and sugar together into a light foam. Add egg and keep beating
- Sift baking powder and flour together and add to the egg-butter mixture. Add sour cream
- While you are making preparations, keep dough in to the fridge.
- Share dough in to a 25 equal parts. And roll each part approximately 20 cm long “hose” (use cutting board to measure)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place “hose” on the prepared baking tray. Form from “hose” pretzels.
- Bake at 200 C approximately for 15 minutes.