Delicous, full of fruits Kissel with beautiful colour.
Sweet strawberries complements tart rhubarbs.
Our mothers cooked Rhubarb Kissel with Strawberries usually in June, when everyone were fed up with rhubarb, but strawberries began to mature and were not so many.
Rabarberi/Rhubarb Kissell is dessert, what you can enjoy as separate dessert or as addition for other desserts. Like quark pudding or bread pudding.
To get Estonian touch, serve kissell with Kama cream.
- 0,5 litre sliced and peeled rhubarb and strawberries
- 2 litre juice + water mix
- 0,5 dl sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon starch
- 0,2 litre cream 35%
- 100 g quark. Look for recipe
- 2-3 tablespoon KAMA
- Peel and slice rhubarb and strawberries
- Mix water and (apple) juice and sugar. Mixture should be little bit too strong.
- add sliced rhubarb and bring it to boil. Boil ca 5 minutes, while rhubarb is soft, add strawberries, Season with sugar.
- Stir starch in to separate glass with cold water
- Pour in to the boiling juice, stir and let simmer while Kissell is enough thick
- Do not let Kissell boil!!
- For cream. Whip cream with sugar ( and vanilla), add KAMA mixture. Serve!