This is recipe, which outcome you can choose by yourself.
Easy to make Barley Groats and Quark pancakes or fritters, which can be served either as a side dish for a savory meal or as a delicious dessert.
My recipe is savory dish. But adding some sugar, you get sweet dessert.
Wonderful dish and idea to use boiled barley leftovers.
Barley Groats and Quark fritters. Kruubi- ja kohupiimakotletid
A light vegetable dish
- 1 glass of barley groats (prox 200 ml)
- salt (or sugar)
- 100 g quark. Look how to make quark by yourself
- 1 egg
- bread crumbs
- oil or butter for frying
- Cook from prepared ( put barley to soak the night before) barley and 3 glass of water porridge. Season with salt or sugar.
- Cooled porridge add quark and egg. Mix together. Season. Let it set in a cool place at least 15-30 minutes.
- Form fritters (use wet hands). Dip them into the bread crumbs. Fry fritters in oil until both sides are browned. Start with hot temperature and reduce heat to medium.
- Serve with sour cream or melted butter.
Did you make this recipe?
I appreciate you so much!
Join Fiesta Friday #216 by adding your link. Don’t forget to link your post to FiestaFriday.net and the co-hosts’ blogs, so we can feature you. Your cohosts this week are Petra @ Love Food Eat and Zeba @ Food For The Soul