OMG :). Did you know that expression OMG will be this year 100 years old?
And Winston Churchill used it the first time to describe the situation in Tallinn (this time Tallinn was Reval).
Now situation in Tallinn is ok :). Thank you for asking 🙂
But I will present OMG dish. Because of I believe that this or similar dish in each cuisine, because this is dish ” what to do with mashed potatoes leftovers”.
I will describe to You Estonian version.
And if you really do not know, how to do mashed potatoes, please look at this recipe.
Potatoes Casserole. Kartuliporss
A delicious dish for a dinner.
- 150- 200 g meat
- ca 500 g mashed potatoes. Look at recipe here
- 1 egg
- 50 g sour cream (smetana, creme fraiche)
- (onion, cheese….), salt, pepper
- Cut the meat to centimetre thick slices and fry in hot oil for a short time until pieces are browned. Season with salt and pepper. If you like to use onion, add peeled and chopped onion and fry while onion is half ready
- Mix mashed (boiled) potatoes with egg and sour cream. Season
- Put on the oven form meat and pour over with potato mix. If you like, sprinkle with crumbled bread or cheese.
- bake in oven at 200 C for 15- 20 minutes, while potato is golden brown.
Did you make this recipe?
I appreciate you so much!