It reminds me story from childhood 🙂
I was I believe 5 years old and my sister 3. We went with our family to the forest. To pick blueberries and mushrooms. And middle in the forest. Big a compost or garbage ” mountain”. Full of pumpkins.
My mother took both berry buckets and father took two big pumpkins.
Walking. My sister starts to whine.. I am tired. Take me to the arms…
Father sigh, laid one pumpkin down and took sister.
Now was my turn. I am tired. Please..please… I can not anymore.
yes. We left both pumpkins in the forest…
Pumpkin became a commonly-used vegetable in Estonia in the 1920s–1930s. And now we love pumpkin 🙂
Puree Soup with Pumpkin and Smoked Cheese
A light vegetable soup
- 250 g pumpkin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 carrot
- 2 potato
- 150 g smoked cheese
- salt, pepper, thyme, nutmeg
for serving pumpkin seeds and bacon
- cut all the vegetables in to a similar size cubes.
- Turn in the kettle
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat until the butter melts
- Add carrot and garlic, cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add boiling water
- When carrot half ready, add potato and pumpkin
- Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer and cook until very tender, about 8 minutes.
- Pour water in to an other bowl
- Add cheese slices and blend the soup until smooth.
- Season and add vegetable stock to achieve wished liquidity
And listen this beautiful song about memories