Bubert is strange Estonian dessert, because this name. In Estonia is not words, which starts with “B”- so, this is surely foreign word. As I know, Bubert is known in Latvia and Germany, as well.
Bubert. Semolina Dessert
A light semolina dessert Bubert
- 0,5 litre milk
- 2 tablespoon semolina
- 2 eggs
- sugar, vanilla
- Separate egg yolk and whites
- Cook milk, and pour in boiling milk constantly stirring, semolina.
- Let porridge simmer while it is thick. And raise away from heat.
- Wisp egg yolks. Add some porridge to eggs, mix, and pour this in to the semolina porridge. Mix.
- Put porridge back on to the stove and let simmer while it is thick. And raise again, away from heat.
- Wisp egg whites.
- Add whipped egg whites, carefully stirring in to the semolina mix. Heat again
- Cooled Bubert serve with Kissell or jam.