when I was a child, my mother used to make us simple everyday dessert. She smeared bread slices with quark cream and baked on the oven.
It was a delicious dessert or breakfast.
This dessert is inspired by this old retro dessert, but more difficult…:) I would say, that this dessert is for advanced…:)
because of .. you should add-on top of the bread slice, smeared with quark cream.. add some more layers 😉 more bread and more quark cream 😉
Simple Quark and Bread Pudding. Lihtne kohupiimavorm saiaga.
This dessert is inspired of this old retro dessert
- 200 g quark. Read, how to make quark
- 2 eggs
- 50 g sour cream
- 1 tablespoon liqueur Vana Tallinn/Old Tallinn
- 6 slice of bread ( for 2 layers)
- cold butter
- Mix together sugar, eggs. Add quark, cream and season with cinnamon and liqueur
- Put bread slices into greased pan or oven casserole. Place on the top half of the quark mixture. Add more bread as the second layer and pour quark mixture into a top.
- Cut some butter into small cubes and place on top
- Bake at 180 C 30 minutes.
One thought on “Simple Quark and Bread Pudding. Lihtne kohupiimavorm saiaga.”
Another delectable Estonian dish yet again..!! 😊
Thank you for sharing.. 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person