Pööripäev or Winter Solstice is the shortest day of the year in Estonia, taking place on 21 December. On the solstice, there are only 6 hours of daylight, whereas, in summer, the longest day of the year has 18 hours of daylight.
Celebrate this day with Very Simple Chocolate Cake
A bitter-sweet old school retro cake. I like this cake because it is very easy to do. Just mix together all ingredients.
Cacao Cake. Kakaokook
A bittersweet old school retro cake .
- 3 eggs
- 1,5 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon soda
- 1,5 dl oil
- 2 tablespoon cacao
- 380 g flour
- Beat eggs and sugar. Sift soda, flour, cacao and salt together and add dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Add sour cream and oil gradually while stirring.
- Pour into a greased or baking paper-lined pan
- Bake at 200 C for 30 minutes.
- Spread cake with cowberry jam and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 200 C for more 5 minutes.