Look at the colours! This is so colourful and beautiful dessert. Pumpkin is sweet and buckthorn is sour and altogether you receive delicious and amazing dessert. I added some black currants to get more colour and flavours.
The pudding is soft and airy and fluffy like a cloud!
Pumpkin and Buckthorn Pudding Kõrvitsa- astelpajupuding
A fresh, light, and delicious dessert
- 200 g pumpkin puree
- 80 g buckthorn puree
- 150 g cream or milk
- 1,5 dl semolina
- 4 egg
- 10 g butter
- sugar, cinnamon
- Bring cream, buckthorn puree, sugar and butter in to boil.
- Add semolina slowly to the boiling liquid. Stir constantly. Simmer for 4-5 minutes on low heat. Add pumpkin, mix, (season with sugar and cinnamon) and let cool
- Beat egg yolks and sugar into a light foam, add into the pumpkin mixture.
- Beat egg whites into a firm foam. Add to the mixture gradually while stirring,
- Pour into a greased baking forms/casserole.
- Bake at 180-200 C for 30-40 minutes.
4 thoughts on “Pumpkin and Buckthorn Pudding Kõrvitsa- astelpajupuding”
Looks and sounds appetizing but accessing buckthorn, of which I have heard but never seen, might just present a wee bit of difficulty ! Häid pühi suitsevast Ida Austraaliast . . .
Häid pühi ka Sulle :)!!!
Klinkt köstlich, das Rezept muss ich ganz bald nach machen!
Danke und viele Grüße,