Juicy, grainy and healthy autumn cake. ( of course, you can bake it in winter or summer, too).
But sweet carrots, tart apples make wonderful and moisture and juicy combination.
You can replace sugar to unrefined sugar or honey and get a healthier result. But my recipe is from the seventies. From the time when people used sugar and butter 🙂
Juicy apple-carrot and oatmeal cake. Õuna- porgandikook
A fresh, light, juicy and healthy apple- carrot cake
- 3 eggs
- 75 g flour
- 100 g oil
- 100 g oatmeal
- 0,5 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 g carrots
- 250 g apples
- 25 g butter
- 25 g sugar
- 50 g oatmeal
- beat eggs (and sugar. NB! taste apples and carrots are sweet enough) together into a light foam. Sift baking powder, flour, oatmeal together and add to the wet mixture.
- grate apples and carrots and add to the mixture
- pour into a greased pan
- For topping mix cold butter, sugar and oatmeal and sprinkle cake with it
- Bake at 175 C for 40 minutes