Have I said that I just love gingerbread.
The real and my favourite gingerbread is very thin and crispy. Look at for recipe here.
But sometimes you want some change and something different.
Soft gingerbread cake has all best features of gingerbread: flavour, smell, aroma, seasons… but soft.
Juicy and fruity cowberry- apple sauce complements very well gingerbread flavour and reduce sweetness ( and makes it healthier dessert :))
Soft Gingerbread Cake. Pehme plaadipiparkook
Soft gingerbread cake has all best features of gingerbread: flavour, smell, aroma, seasons... but soft..
- 1 glass (200-250 ml) honey
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tablespoon cacao
- 100 g butter
- 2 tablespoon spices (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom)
- 300 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 100 g sour cream
ca 500 g cowberry apple sauce. Look at for recipe.
- Heat honey and sugar, while sugar is melted. Add butter and bring to the boil.
- Let syrup cool
- Add beaten egg and flour with baking powder and cacao.
- Add sour cream. Mix the dough
- Pour into greased pan
- Bake at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool . Cut the cake in half
- Spread some jam on to bottom layer. And cover with remaining half of the cake
- Decorate with nuts or glaze.
- For glaze, mix 1 egg white with 100 g icing sugar (or more, it depends on egg size)
2 thoughts on “Soft Gingerbread Cake. Pehme plaadipiparkook”
this is what we are going to make because we are learning in europe these countries and my class is gonna make it
LikeLiked by 1 person
I hope you will like it 🙂