Chanterelle Sauce with fresh and boiled new potatoes in something MUST be in the summer. Fresh mushrooms and fresh potatoes and a lot of fresh dills. This is summer.
Picking wild mushrooms means the aromas of the fields and the forest.
And in July, there are not only mushrooms. Blueberries and cowberries. Hot air. The smell of the pines. Later, in autumn, the smell of wet dead leaves. Something mysterious and captivating.
When I am writing mushrooms., I mean wild mushrooms. chanterelle, boletuses, russula. And other Mushrooms that do not need blanching.
A fresh, light, chanterelle sauce is perfect for a summer dinner.
- 0,5- 1 litre of fresh chanterelle or boletuses
- 1 onion
- 400 ml 35% cream
- 150 g smoked bacon
- oil, salt, pepper, thyme, dill
- Preheat the oven. Dry bacon with kitchen paper and lay the bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet. bake, while bacon is crispy
- Fresh chanterelle: The mushrooms are cleaned without water, with only a clean, dry towel and paring knife. Heat the chanterelle in a skillet without fat/butter until water has evaporated. Frozen chanterelle: melt, fry slightly.
- Add oil and chopped onion. Let onion soften.
- Add cream. Mix and bring to boil. A decrease in heat.
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Add crispy bacon and chopped dill. Serve with boiled potatoes.
Join Fiesta Friday #183 by adding your link. Don’t forget to link your post to FiestaFriday.net and the co-hosts’ blogs, so we can feature you. Your cohosts this week are Sarah @ Sarah’s Little Kitchen and Shinta @ Caramel Tinted Life
Homemade dinner directly from forest ! Fantastic !
Soundtrack Tanel Siimann ” Juuni”