So, You baked black bread and probably have some leftovers. This is the easiest dessert in the world.
NB! of course, if you have very salty bread with cumin, this is not dessert to you. Then make better Garlic Breads.
Black Bread Dessert. Leivasupp
A light and easy dessert from black bread
- 300 g ( 8 slices) black bread
- 1 litre water + juice
- (100 g raisins or other dried fruits)
- If you going to use dried fruits, let them swell at least 1 hour. Steep water include in showed 1 litre
- You get better taste, if you use hardened bread. So toast or roast it, and for better consistent you can bread grated, as well
- Cook on the low heat. Beware, splashes !!
- Taste. Usually bread is sweet enough, but if you like add some sugar, cinnamon or brandy
- Cook, while bread is softened and water is reduced – you should have thick sour cream content
- Cool down. And serve with cold milk, whipped cream or sour cream
Soundtrack Arvo Pärt “Ukuaru valss”