Should dessert be healthy?
Probably not. Dessert must be sweet and tasty and easy to cook.
But little bit healthiness does not make bad.
This is an interesting and very delicious combination of carrots and barley groats. Sweet carrots and neutral barley complement each other and cold milk makes this everything just amazing.
This is a very good recipe in case you cooked too much barley.
Barley Groats and Carrot Pudding. Porgandi ja kruubivorm
A light vegetable dessert.
- 1/2 l boiled barley pearl groats
- 300 g carrots, grated
- 2 eggs
- sugar, (cinnamon), butter
- grate carrots
- Beat egg yolks with sugar into the light foam. Add groats and carrots. Mix together. Season with sugar and cinnamon
- Beat egg whites into the firm foam and add gradually while stirring into the groat mixture.
- Pour into the greased oven casserole. Sprinkle over butter cubes (and bread crumbs) and bake at 200 C for 30 minutes.
- Serve with milk.