An ancient dessert served at weddings in many areas of Estonia; made from milk, eggs, beer and sugar.
Maybe it sounds strange, but believe me. It tastes wonderful. Very light and sweet and unusual dessert for summertime.
Beer dessert. Õllesupp
A light dessert
- 6 glass of milk
- 4 eggs
- sugar or honey
- 1/2 litre beer
- 100 g bread cubes for serving
- Mix together beaten eggs, milk and sugar.
- Bring to boil, but do not boil NB!! stir constantly and keep heat low. Let simmer, while the mixture is thickened.
- add beer, constantly stirring. Do not boil!
- Let cool. Traditionally beer soup is served with bread cubes. For photo, I prepared a rosted mixture from bread crumbs, nuts, oats and sugar.