Interesting fact: In Estonia, cottage cheese began to be produced in order to meet the cheese production plan set by Moscow to the USSR. The National Planning Committee of the USSR almost doubled the cheese production of the Estonian SSR for the five-year plan, So, this is reason why Estonia began to produce cottage cheese which was reported as cheese in the reports 🙂
But still. There is nothing better than fresh new potatoes with little bit salty cottage cheese.
I believe I am not wrong to say that this is a typical Estonian summer dish. Potatoes and cottage cheese and sometimes with herring.
For salad. Mix together
- new potatoes. Boiled and sliced
- tomatoes, cucumbers and radish
- something green. Lettuce, onion, chives and dill
- mix together sour cream and cottage cheese
- season with salt and pepper
And this is my garden on the balcony 🙂