This is dish from my childhood.
In June or July, when all vegetables start to mature. Carrots are almost always seeded too closely together. And it is important to thin carrots, they will not grow to maturity unless they have space to do so.
So, you have tiny carrots , first small potatoes are sweet peas and maybe even first cabbage.. aand this is mean Summer New Vegetables Milk Soup. Easy to do and very delicious.
Of course, you can cook it all year long, but then,. it is not This Soup.
Summer New Vegetables Milk Soup
A milk soup with new and fresh vegetables for a summer dinner.
- 2 litre milk
- 3 -4 carrots
- 200 g cabbage
- 200 g fresh peas or beans
- 2-3 potatoes
- 3 tablespoon butter
- other new vegetables onion, tomato, Leeks, parsley, celery, turnip… – salt, pepper, greens
- Chop vegetable in to a stripes. Melt butter and add sliced vegetables onion, carrots, and potatoes. Stew while vegetables are semisoft.
- Add some boiled water ( ca 1 litre) , add fresh peas and cabbage and cook until soft
- add milk, bring to boil. Season.