Simple and delicious cake for people, who do not want or like very sweet cakes.
Bitterness of the rye and chocolate , tart rhubarb and crunchy nuts creating wonderful combination.
Rye flour and quark make this cake lighter and healthier
And make quark by yourself. Trust me : It is much simpler to make than you might think. I won’t tell if you don’t 😉
Look at for recipe.
Rye and Rhubarb Cake
A fresh, light cake with rhubarb
- Shortcrust pastry:
- 4 dl rye flour
- 1 dl sugar
- 150 g cold butter, cut in to small cubes
- 2 tablespoon cacao
- 1-2 tablespoon cold water
- 125 g sour cream
- 800 g quark
- 4 eggs
- 1 dl sugar
- ca 300 g rhubarb. Peeled and sliced
- crushed hazelnuts
- Sift the flour and cacao and sugar together into a large bowl, add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 2-3 tbsp water and mix to a firm dough. Knead the dough briefly and gently on a floured surface. Wrap in cling film and chill while preparing the filling.
- Mix together filling ingredients
- Take 2/3 of pastry. Place in a 20 cm pie plate and crimp edge. Use the form with high edges
- Pour filling into a bottom
- Mix remaining pastry with nuts and sprinkle over filling as upper layer.
- Bake at 180 C for 30-40 minutes