This is one of my favourite cakes.
Amazing combination of sweet and fluffy biscuit and crispy bottom.
Bitterness of chocolate complements sour and sweet rhubarb.
Chocolate Rhubarb Cake
A fresh, light rhubarb and chocolate cake
- Shortcrust pastry:
- 4 dl flour
- 1 dl sugar
- 150 g cold butter, cut in to small cubes
- 3 tablespoon cacao
- 1-2 tablespoon cold water
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoon flour
- ca 300 g rhubarb. Peeled and sliced + some sugar
- Sift the flour and cacao into a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 2-3 tbsp water and mix to a firm dough. Knead the dough briefly and gently on a floured surface. Wrap in cling film and chill while preparing the filling.
- Prepare rhubarb, peel and slice.
- Preheat oven. Put dough into greased or baking paper lined oven casserole/ form ( ca 20 cm).
- place on top rhubarb and sprinkle with sugar (and cinnamon)
- bake at 200 C for 15-20 minutes, while bottom is crispy and rhubarb is soft 6. While cake is baking prepare biscuit. beat sugar and eggs together into a light foam.
- Sift flour in to the egg foam carefully stirring
- Pour biscuit into a cake. and bake at 180 C for 8-10 minutes while biscuit is yellow-brown and ready.
Did you make this recipe?
I appreciate you so much!