What is Christmas without pate?
Estonians have not “street food”, because our mothers and grandmothers and their mothers said: this is impolite to eat in street.
Liver pate is quite “street food”, because this is good to have sandwich with pate for example in forest or just outside. Add some salted cucumber and.. delicious!
Delicious liver pate
- 300 g veal liver
- 0,5 litre milk
- 50 g fat meat
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 50 g butter
- salt, pepper, nutmeg, cognac
- oil for cooking
- Put the liver in to the milk to soak at least for 1 hour
- Cut meat, onion, carrot in the cubes
- Stew in the oil vegetables and meat half ready
- Add in to the cubes sliced liver, season with salt and pepper
- Add some hot water and stew, while all components are ready
- Smash components with blender
- wisp butter, and add liver smash. Whip.
- Season with nutmeg, cognac, salt pepper
Soundtrack Maarja ” Suudlus läbi jäätunud klaasi”