I used in headline word “mushroom”. But in Estonia, when we are talking about mushrooms, we mean forest and/or wild mushrooms: milk mushrooms, russulas, chanterelle….
As Estonia has an abundance of forest, we like to pick berries and mushrooms.
This is very simple mushroom soup. If you believe that barley takes too much time, replace it with rice,
I use frozen mushrooms. They do not need any additional cooking, while they are already prepared
Heat the mushrooms in a skillet until water has evaporated and added butter. Pour mixture into boxes and freeze over winter.
In autumn, when you use fresh mushrooms. Blanch, depending on mushrooms, remove blanching water and add mushrooms into the soup
Wild Mushroom Soup
A light vegetable soup for dinner.
- 1/2 glass of barley groats
- 1-2 onions
- 200 g – 400 g mushrooms
- 1 tomato
- 4-5 potatoes
- salt, pepper, dill
- Cook groats while these are soft
- heat some oil, add sliced onion, mushrooms and tomato. Cook, while onion and tomato are half ready
- Add potato slices, groats and onion mix into the soup
- Cook, while the potato is soft. Season
- Serve with sour cream and add a lot of dills