This recipe is suitable for all people who do not like or have not time or skills to use and prepare yeast dough.
Very easy to prepare.
I used sweet filling and combined cowberries, nuts and cheese. I love savoury-sweet and sour combination. Nuts give texture and crustiness.
You are free to change it, of course. I would suggest for example carrot filling. Find the recipe from my blog.
Did you know
The coldest months in Estonia are January and February, where temperatures can drop down to -35C. The coldest temperature ever measured in Estonia is -43.5C, recorded in eastern Estonia on 17 January 1940.
Delicious yeast free buns
A fresh and light warm yeast free buns
- 250 g kefir or other fermented/sour milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 75 g sugar
- 400 g flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 50 g warm butter
- 120 g cowberry or cranberry sauce or jam. Look for recipe
- 50 g (grated( cheese. Better is the hard or matured cheese – hazelnuts, chopped
- Vana Tallinn liqueur for seasoning
– 1 egg for coating
- In a medium bowl, mix together sour milk, sugar and salt
- Sift soda and flour together and add dry ingredients to the milk mixture. Mix together.
- Add lukewarm butter and knead the dough properly.
- Leave dough in a fridge for 15 minutes.
- Filling. Grate cheese and chop hazelnuts. season cowberry jam with liqueur.
- Form small pies. Unroll pie dough on floured work surface. With a glass ( I use for cutting usual glass) or round cutter, cut rounds from dough. Spoon 1 teaspoon cowberry jam, some grated cheese and nuts on half of each dough round. Fold untopped half of round over filling; press edges to seal. Place on the greased or baking paper covered oven plate. Coat buns with the beaten egg before putting into the oven
- Bake at 200C for 10- 15 minutes.
14 th of March is Estonian Native Langue Day.
Estonian belongs to the Finnic branch of the Uralic language family. Finnish and Estonian are very similar like for example Italian and Spanish.
Estonian is a secret language because only ca 1 million people speak this natively. Read more about Estonian there:
One thought on “Yeast Free Hand Pies with Cowberry and Cheese filling. Pärmivabad pohla- juustupirukad”
Loomulikult ja sulaselgelt ! Kas töesti on rumalaid kes ei oska 🙂 ?
LikeLiked by 1 person