You can find from my blog already few recipes how to make freshly salted cucumbers.
And now, one more recipe. You need salt and garlic and a little bit of time to get very delicious solution,
Black currant leaves and horse-radish leaves and root are necessary to get the perfect Estonian taste.
Where to use ? Eat as appetizer or with sandwich. Or cook seljanka, Kurzeme stroganoff or Rassolnik.
Freshly Salted Cucumbers
A fresh, light summer snack.
- 1 kg small cucumbers.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 l water
- 2 tablespoon salt. Prefer coarse ( sea) salt and Better is NOT iodinated salt – dill, black currant leaves and horse-radish leaves and root
- Wash cucumbers. If you want cucumbers after few hours, cut off the ends. Until you cooking brine, keep cucumbers in to very cold water,
- Bring water to boil and dissolve salt
- Put in to the bottom of jar or bowl half of black currant leaves, sliced dill and horseradish. Add cucumbers and finish with remaining greens.
- Pour over with cooled brine. Liquid must be cover cucumbers.
- Leave at room temperature.
First cucumbers are ready after few hours, but better in a next day.
Did you make this recipe?
I appreciate you so much!