You can find from my blog already few recipes how to make freshly salted cucumbers.
For example this recipe or this.
And now, one more recipe. You need salt and garlic and a little bit of time to get very delicious solution,
Black currant leaves and horse-radish leaves and root are necessary to get the perfect Estonian taste.
Where to use ? Eat as appetizer or with sandwich. Or cook seljanka, Kurzeme stroganoff or Rassolnik.
Freshly Salted Cucumbers
A fresh, light summer snack.
- 1 kg small cucumbers.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 l water
- 2 tablespoon salt. Prefer coarse ( sea) salt and Better is NOT iodinated salt – dill, black currant leaves and horse-radish leaves and root
- Wash cucumbers. If you want cucumbers after few hours, cut off the ends. Until you cooking brine, keep cucumbers in to very cold water,
- Bring water to boil and dissolve salt
- Put in to the bottom of jar or bowl half of black currant leaves, sliced dill and horseradish. Add cucumbers and finish with remaining greens.
- Pour over with cooled brine. Liquid must be cover cucumbers.
- Leave at room temperature.
First cucumbers are ready after few hours, but better in a next day.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow estoniancuisine on instagram and tag #estoniancuisine. You can also post a photo of your recipe to the estoniancuisine facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
One thought on “Freshly Salted Cucumbers. Estonian Salt pickles. Värsked soolakurgid”