Estonians usually season their dishes with pepper and salt ( You have probably noticed this by now, I believe). Yes, we do have different edible plants that most of us know. But due to our climate we can only use ’’indoor cultivated plants’’ from October to May. However, there is this one ingredient that is able to take away some foreigner’s breath – our strong mustard. Forget about Dijon and sweet mild Finnish and Swedish mustards. Estonian mustard is hot. As this brown dish doesn’t look quite appealing serve it with some green peas or beans.
Chicken with Mustard and Pears
A sweet and spicy Chicken for dinner
- 4 chicken thigh
- 4 pears
- Estonian mustard, salt, pepper, oil
- Spread chicken under skin with mustard, season with pepper and salt
- Fry chicken in to the hot oil in all sides
- Put chicken and cleaned and halved pears in to the oven casserole
- Bake at 180 C for 45 minutes.
Serve with salads