To be true, I do not know how to translate ” Lehmakomm”. I translated soft caramel candy. But in real life, I mean candies, produced in Estonia, Poland or Latvia ( and Latvian candies are the best!!) with cow picture on the package.
These candies are similar to toffees, but little bit different, I believe you can replace them with toffees (Whether Original) or dulce de leche or some similar soft caramel candies.
Use some seasonal berries or fruits: apples, rhubarb.
And! This topping is very sweet. Do not use very sweet berries or be careful with sugar.
Soft Oatmeal Cake with Soft Caramel Candies. Kaerahelbekook lehmakommidega
A sweet and delicious soft summer cake.
- 2 eggs
- 1,5 dl sugar (or less)
- 2 dl sour cream
- 1 dl oil
- 1 dl flour
- 1 dl oatmeal flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- butter, salt
- 2-3 big apples or 3 stalks of rhubarb
- 150 g soft caramel candies
- 50 g butter
- Beat eggs and sugar together into a light foam.
- Add oil and sour cream.
- Sift baking powder, salt and flour together and add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture gradually while stirring
- Pour into a greased 23-24 cm pan
- cut the apples or rhubarb into wedges and place on top.
- Cut candies into slices and place on top.
- Sprinkle everything with butter pieces.
- Bake at 180 C for 35-40 minutes