This is a very old recipe.
From the time when people made preserves for the winter.
The tomato is a very picky and sensitive berry. So, for longer preservation, you must pasteurize.
But this jelly tomato salad is a wonderful addition as a salad or as a snack or appetizer.
Pickled Tomatoes. Marineeritud tomatid
A tasty and beautiful salad. Pickled Tomatoes in jelly
- 700 g tomatoes
- 1- 2 onions
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 3 pepper grain
- 400 g water
- 20 g 30% food vinegar -1/2 teaspoon salt (or a little bit more) -1 tablespoon sugar
- 20 g gelatine
- Bring water to the boil, add sliced onions and cook until it is almost soft.
- Add salt, sugar, pepper and bay leaf and allow the water to boil once more.
- Prepare gelatine
- Wash jars and tomatoes. I do not peel tomatoes. In case you like peeled tomatoes, pour tomatoes over with boiling water and peel them. Put tomatoes into the jar.
- Add the vinegar to the marinade, remove from the heat. Add prepared gelatine.
- Pour the marinade on top the tomatoes.
- For longer preservation pasteurize jars 15-20 minutes. Close airtight. Leave the tomatoes to stand at least overnight in the cool place.