Estonian cottage cheese is a little bit salty accord. And this makes this cake very interesting.
Juicy sweet and sour raspberries, little bit salty squeaking curd combined with sweet fluffy cream and biscuit.
The addition of cottage cheese adds protein to your otherwise carb-filled cakes which can help you keep your weight under control and keep daily cravings at bay.
Interesting fact: In Estonia, cottage cheese began to be produced in order to meet the cheese production plan set by Moscow to the USSR. The National Planning Committee of the USSR almost doubled the cheese production of the Estonian SSR for the five-year plan, So, this is a reason why Estonia began to produce cottage cheese which was reported as cheese in the reports 🙂
Raspberry and Cottage Cheese Cake
A light summer cake.
- 200 ml cream 35%
- 200 g cottage cheese
- ( 1 teaspoon gelatine + 1 tablespoon water)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 4-5 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoon flour
- 300 g raspberry jam and berries for decoration Biscuit: Look at for recipe here
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Cut a piece of greaseproof paper to fit the base of a tin
- Beat the eggs and caster sugar in a large bowl with an electric whisk for about ten minutes. The mixture will almost triple in volume and become paler in colour. Sift in the flour mixed with baking powder, very gently folding it in until the flour is blended in completely, it is important to go slowly and not to be too vigorous or you will lose some of the air in the sponge.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth it out evenly to the edges. Bake in the middle of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly golden and just firm to the touch.
- Lay out a sheet of baking paper on your work surface. Dust it with caster sugar.
- Loosen the sponge with a knife and then turn it out quickly onto the dusted paper (topside down).
- Mix together cream, sugar and cottage cheese while the mixture is thick.
- decorate and serve 🙂
- NB! the cream amount is calculated for 20 x 20 cm cake, for 2 layers
Cut a sponge into half. Using spoon spread cream and jam between layers. Decorate.